A true great man will neither trample on a worm,nor sneak to an emperpor.
真正的伟人既不大肆践踏小人物,也不会在皇帝面前奴顔卑膝。
Clean your finger,before you point at my spots.
先洗浄你的手指,再指出我的污迹。
Truth and roses have thorns about them.
真理和玫瑰,身旁都有刺。
You may be more happy than pinces,if you will be more virtuous.
如果你能多做善事,你会比王子还要幸福。
The excellency of hogs is fatness,of men virtue.
猪的优点在于肥壮,人的优点在于美德。
Don't throw stones at your neightbours,if your own windows are glass.
假如你家的窗户是玻璃做的,别用石头打你的邻居。
The sting of a reproach,is the truth of it.
指责带给你刺痛,正是它的忠实之处。
Virtue and happiness are mother and daugher.
美德和幸福犹如母女。
Follow your own course, and let people talk.
走自己的路,让别人说去吧。
Never trust another what you should do yourself.
自己该做的事,决不要委托给旁人做。
Eat a peck of salt with a man before you trust him.
在你信任一个人之前,先要深入了解他。
Trust thyself only,and another shall not betray thee.
只要信任你自己,旁人才不出卖你。
没有评论:
发表评论